Massage

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Re: >OSSG< Not what I expected

I think this is a very common occurrence. Doctors concentrate on the surgery itself, but probably rely on the office staff to "take care" of the rest. The first thing I would do is take your concerns to the doctor. If no one complains about the lack of information available then they might assume they're doing all right. Tell him what you expect him to provide. You have hired him, and to make the surgery as successful and safe as possible, accurate information and suggestions are very important. This is not the time for guesswork and mythbusting.
I had my surgery almost 7 years ago. I keep up with my bloodwork and supplements, but many don't. I just received a letter in the mail from my surgeon suggesting that all patients come in for regular check ups and bloodwork. It made me wonder if they just sent those out to every patient, or if they sent them out to 7 year post-ops. If that's the case- they need to be a lot more active in post-op follow-up.
best wishes,
lbenntt4

cjedogs <cjedogs@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi all. Another neebie here. I have my surgery scheduled for 1/24. I
thought for sure by now I would be all ready to go but I have been
disappointed lately. I have full confidence in my surgeon from reports
I have seen on him, but the office staff is another issue. I have so
many questions but in 3 weeks they have not returned one call. My
nutrition class was all of 45 minutes, I have 2 pieces of paper that
describe my post-op diet. All of my information has come from a friend
that had the surgery 6 months ago (with a different surgeon) or my
Dummies Weight Loss book. Even that has made me have more questions as
the book talks about a pre-op liquid diet but I never got any of that
from the surgeon. I thought about trying to go to another practice but
I am afraid my insurance will balk at the second request. Can anyone
suggest additional reading material to help me get an idea of my life
post op? Any recipes to get the right protein? Thanks

Celeste

__._,_.___
OSSG is a support group. We are here to share PERSONAL experiences.  We do not offer medical advice. Nor should anything read or written be construed as medical advice.  ALWAYS consult with your Doctor/Surgeon for specific information/advice.

PLEASE GO TO:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OSSG/files/1MemberBusiness/PLANET%20OSSG.txt

mailto:OSSG@yahoogroups.com - send email to group
mailto:OSSG-owner@yahoogroups.com - send private email to the Moderators
mailto:OSSG-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com - unsubscribe from list
mailto:OSSG-normal@yahoogroups.com - switch to normal mode
mailto:OSSG-digest@yahoogroups.com - switch to digest mode
mailto:OSSG-NoMail@yahoogroups.com - switch to No Mail/Web Reading
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OSSG- Membership Information
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Health

Looking for Love?

Find relationship

advice and answers.

Moderator Central

Yahoo! Groups

Join and receive

produce updates.

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Share experiences

with other parents.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: